Friday, April 04, 2008

My 30th Birthday!


Yes, yesterday on April 3rd, I turned 30! It hasn't been bad at all thanks to my wonderful husband! Bart is a great husband to me. He gives me the best surprises and is very sweet to take care of everything. I know that I am very blessed to have Bart as my husband.




Well, it all started on Saturday morning. My friend Theresa wanted a girlfriend day. (Or so I thought.) We went out together, but then she needed to take something by church, which was fine. She told me that she needed to leave something in a particular room - The Fireplace Room. She told me to go on in, but I said no that there were people in there. She gently nudged me in the room. Yes, there were people in there. My family and friends for a surprise 30th girlfriend birthday party! I was so surprised and very excited to see everyone. Bart had planned everything from the cute invitations to the lunch menu!



Bart was there as well (only to see my reaction and to give me his present.) He handed me bag with a box in it.

The cover of the box said - Your birthday present is being presented as a Mastercard commercial. I open the box and it said -

A surprise 30th birthday party - memorable

Babysitting for Parker - free

Two nights in a Chicago hotel - $400

Seeing a taping of the Oprah show on March 31st - Priceless!
Double surprise!



The party was fabulous and I think everyone had a great time! We left the next day for Chicago. On Monday morning we woke very early to go get in line at Harpo studios! They were very polite especially since I am 24 weeks pregnant. Normally after the security check, everyone goes upstairs to a holding area. Well, since I am pregnant they gave us chairs to sit in downstairs near the restrooms. They also gave me snacks and drinks. When they starting letting people in the studio, they let us in earlier since we were downstairs. We were there for the live taping of March 31st. Suze Orman was there as well as Sheg (the contestant that was sent home the night before on the Big Give.) I was glad that it was Suze Orman and not the pregnant man on later in the week. Bart also enjoys Suze Orman. It was really neat to see the behind the scenes action. Afterwards, we went to the Oprah store (of course.) We enjoyed the rest of the day shopping at Magnificent Mile.




Bart enjoying his Giordano's pizza


On my birthday, Parker wanted to plan my day, which I loved. So last night we went to the Incredible Pizza Company (aka Chuck E. Cheese on steroids.) He really thought that is where I wanted to go on my 30th birthday! Too cute!

8 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger The Terrys said...

this is wonderful! what a great birthday!!! happy 30th...

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie Trapp said...

What an awesome birthday surprise! And how exciting to go to an Oprah show! It looks like y'all had a wonderful time. Happy Birthday, Mitzi!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

OH, Mitzi!! That sounds like the most amazing birthday I've ever heard of. I love that Bart planned it all. Who decorated the room? It looks so beautiful.

And, a trip to Chicago and Oprah!!!! SO FUN! We've been to Chicago the past 2 years, but no luck on scoring Oprah tickets.

Happy Birthday!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Bryan and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Mitzi!!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Spellings Fam said...

Wow! What a great surprise! Bart did a great job. I'm going to have to make sure Randy sees this... I turn 30 in August.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Mitzi...sorry im a little slow...I didnt realize you had a blog! I will totally link you up. WHAT A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!! I am so jealous!!! I'm kinda obsessed with Oprah. ;) That is so sweet! Glad you guys had such a great time! your cake was super cute, btw. And congratulations on being preggers! I didn't know that either...and your little guy is so cute! ok sorry. I have a lot of catching up to do.
ashley

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

I love that Parker picked pizza for your birthday. Happy B-Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home